I.H. Question

  • pfcslr
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      Hoeeo All,
      I havn't been around for a while, i've been working on new
      certifications for work. Which brings me to the question. One of our
      instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
      sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
      bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH. Now the
      new certifications are in Safety, so all of those concerns aside does
      this make sense? I rember some older friends in high school laughing
      after convincing me to sniff an empty vodka bottle for half an hour to
      get drunk. would the application of heat really change the effect?

      Curiously,
      PFCSLR
    • Larry
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        >One of our instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
        >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
        >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

        It was all over the TV news in Texas about a year ago... Apparently clubs
        were opening in some other state which specialized in this form of alcohol
        intake, and there was some question about them serving minors, or about
        what would happen legally, if they started serving minors.

        Since it didn't involve consuming alcohol, in the conventional sense, storm
        clouds were coming up about whether these bars could bypass existing liquor
        laws, they way they were written.

        I assume it worked, or it wouldn't have made news on a national level.

        I've never heard another peep about it since then, though, so there must be
        a reason that every bar in Texas isn't boosting their sales with Inhaling
        Masks on hoses by now.
      • Brian Bashford
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          I've read more than one account of people in Eastern Europe throwing a
          glassful of undiluted high alcohol vodka onto the hot coals in a sauna to
          facilitate inebriation followed by seduction :0)

          Brian B.

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            Some time ago it was a bit of a hit in London.

            Ian...

            On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

            > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
            > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
            > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

          • donald holcombe
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
              Ive read accounts of sailors on the old Rum Ships becomig intoxicated by spending time in the hold of a ship in the Tropics. I also have come under the influance while painting with laquer sealers in a laundry room to seal smoke damage before painting. Ethanol is the thinner. The effect seemed quite prfound upon going into the fresh air. ?

              Ian Kent <kegscruiser@...> wrote: Some time ago it was a bit of a hit in London.

              Ian...

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                Another thought. Ethanol goes out through the lungs . It probably doesnt go back in very efficiently .O2 is only absorbed in small amount during each breath . Seems maybe only small amounts of alcohal would transfer this way. You would probably hyper ventalate before you could Huff a good jigger full. Would the throatcause a reflux effect making a large long throat more efficiant ? IV is still the fastest way. !

                On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
                > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
                > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

              • Andrew Bugal
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                  Yeah and straight alcohol into the bloodstream would cause some serious and interesting results.

                  Large, long throat? Sounds like my girlfriends. Man I love it when you talk dirty.

                  Bwyze

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                    In "ye olde days", the argument of ABV and proof was a serious discussion in England.

                    They settled on the "proof" basis in that if rum leaked from the barrels and wetted the gun powder (rum was stored with the gunpowder under lock and key), the gunpowder would still fire. There was a narrow range of proof that allowed this to happen and it would be tested by wetting gunpowder with rum to ensure it burned. If it did, the rum was "proof" that it was in the legal range.

                    No doubt those sailors working below decks on rum ships had their own experiences with "proof".

                    On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                    > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
                    > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
                    > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

                  • Link D'Antoni
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                      Try this site...
                      Alcohol Machine... yes, its inhaled.

                      http://www.awolmachine.com/page-2.htm

                      No, I have not tried it.

                      Link

                      --- Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                      > >One of our instructors mentioned that a small
                      > amount of alcohol heated in a
                      > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly
                      > cause intoxication,
                      > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to
                      > ingest ETOH.
                      >
                      > It was all over the TV news in Texas about a year
                      > ago... Apparently clubs
                      > were opening in some other state which specialized
                      > in this form of alcohol
                      > intake, and there was some question about them
                      > serving minors, or about
                      > what would happen legally, if they started serving
                      > minors.
                      >
                      > Since it didn't involve consuming alcohol, in the
                      > conventional sense, storm
                      > clouds were coming up about whether these bars could
                      > bypass existing liquor
                      > laws, they way they were written.
                      >
                      > I assume it worked, or it wouldn't have made news on
                      > a national level.
                      >
                      > I've never heard another peep about it since then,
                      > though, so there must be
                      > a reason that every bar in Texas isn't boosting
                      > their sales with Inhaling
                      > Masks on hoses by now.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • mampoer_boer
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
                        Just shorten your condensor and suck on your still
                        Ha I have it all sorted ;-)

                        Mampoer Boer