Re: [Distillers] rimfire_rifle@yahoo.co.nz INFO WANTED

  • Dean Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi Tony,

      In my experience members of the distilling community don't like being
      sort out, it goes without saying that we like to keep a relatively low
      profile.
      My advice leave a couple of messages around and if he wishes to be found
      he will reply. Alternative you could just ask the question that you are
      chasing an answer for, you may be surprised at who else might be able to
      supply an answer.

      Dean.

      anthonyathawes wrote:

      > WE have been trying, without success, to contact this person.
      >
      > Obviously we may have got his email address wrong or he has passed out
      > under the table. He is supposed to live at Dartford, UK (not NZ).
      >
      > Any clues?
      >
      > Tony

    • Anthony Athawes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
        Thank you for trying to help, Dean

        The point is, we are going down that way to Kent and I'd like to meet him.
        But the problem is that emails to that address all get returned
        undeliverable. There aren't many variations of that address, but one dot out
        of place, fails. Hence the broadcast. My intention was that he might
        recognise himself, and emerge.

        I can understand the reticence, but we ought to have a coded way of making
        contact. Being at the beginning of the trail to distillation, it would be a
        great help to see the process as an initiate before striking out by oneself.
        It would be great if there were another like-minded soul in the village.

        anthonyathawes wrote:

        > WE have been trying, without success, to contact this person.
        >
        > Obviously we may have got his email address wrong or he has passed out
        > under the table. He is supposed to live at Dartford, UK (not NZ).
        >
        > Any clues?
        >
        > Tony

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
          Hi Tony,

          I did a search for rimfire and found some messages from him, his last
          message was posted Jan 23 2006 normally if you click on the message you
          will then see a link to the writers profile on the right just above
          their Status i.e. On or Offline when I click on rimfires profile I get
          an error message. To me this would indicate that rimfire is no longer a
          member, Harry may know otherwise . But as I said If he doesn't want to
          be found than I don't hold much hope for your quest.

          Good luck
          Dean.