rimfire_rifle@yahoo.co.nz INFO WANTED

  • anthonyathawes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      WE have been trying, without success, to contact this person.

      Obviously we may have got his email address wrong or he has passed out
      under the table. He is supposed to live at Dartford, UK (not NZ).

      Any clues?

      Tony
    • Dean Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
        Hi Tony,

        In my experience members of the distilling community don't like being
        sort out, it goes without saying that we like to keep a relatively low
        profile.
        My advice leave a couple of messages around and if he wishes to be found
        he will reply. Alternative you could just ask the question that you are
        chasing an answer for, you may be surprised at who else might be able to
        supply an answer.

        Dean.

        anthonyathawes wrote:

        > WE have been trying, without success, to contact this person.
        >
        > Obviously we may have got his email address wrong or he has passed out
        > under the table. He is supposed to live at Dartford, UK (not NZ).
        >
        > Any clues?
        >
        > Tony

      • Anthony Athawes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
          Thank you for trying to help, Dean

          The point is, we are going down that way to Kent and I'd like to meet him.
          But the problem is that emails to that address all get returned
          undeliverable. There aren't many variations of that address, but one dot out
          of place, fails. Hence the broadcast. My intention was that he might
          recognise himself, and emerge.

          I can understand the reticence, but we ought to have a coded way of making
          contact. Being at the beginning of the trail to distillation, it would be a
          great help to see the process as an initiate before striking out by oneself.
          It would be great if there were another like-minded soul in the village.

          anthonyathawes wrote:

          > WE have been trying, without success, to contact this person.
          >
          > Obviously we may have got his email address wrong or he has passed out
          > under the table. He is supposed to live at Dartford, UK (not NZ).
          >
          > Any clues?
          >
          > Tony

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Dean Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
            Hi Tony,

            I did a search for rimfire and found some messages from him, his last
            message was posted Jan 23 2006 normally if you click on the message you
            will then see a link to the writers profile on the right just above
            their Status i.e. On or Offline when I click on rimfires profile I get
            an error message. To me this would indicate that rimfire is no longer a
            member, Harry may know otherwise . But as I said If he doesn't want to
            be found than I don't hold much hope for your quest.

            Good luck
            Dean.