Spirit Burning

  • anthonyathawes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      Since reporting the results of firing the Calvados, we have just
      tested out some proprietary 36 abv Brandy.

      This took a long time to start burning - problem due to having to warm
      up. It then gave off a very mild almost invisible flame with slightly
      blue edges. It stayed alight for perhaps a minute, and then went out.

      There was still some brown liquid in the teaspoon - which I presume to
      be "water".

      When I actually get into distilling (I'm still waiting for the copper
      gause), I'll carry these lessons forward as I think they are useful -
      particularly the % of water!