cloudy mash

  • bty827601
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 3:09 AM
      I have 25 litres of mead made from odds and sods of leftover honey
      (I'm a beekeeper). It has fermented out to about 15% but refuses to
      clear. I have an essential extractor II and want to potdistill it in
      order to retain some of the 'mead' character. Can I do this with the
      cloudy mash and will this adversely affect the flavour ?

      PS. I've always refluxed clear sugar mash before but I've yet to
      achieve the magical 95%!
    • donald holcombe