Alcotec - extreme purity prototype feedback

  • Ian Kent
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      First a big thanks to Carl for releasing the samples.

      As per the label I dumped the Extreme Purity yeast in at the same time as
      the liquid activated carbon. I used 6kg white sugar and approx 22L water.
      The liquid carbon had the same texture and look as thick black ink.

      The wash took 20 days to ferment and came out about 14%.
      I think it took so long due to the fact that it is winter here in Australia.

      I noticed that the smell of the wash was a strong wine smell, similar to
      West Coast Cooler, sweet and sharp.

      I then used the Turbo Klar clearing agent to drop the 'black cloud' from the
      liquid carbon.
      The wash was clearing up nicely after a day or two but I waited six days to
      make sure it was completely clear.

      Using a reflux still I produced 150ml heads, 2300ml middle and 250ml tails @
      approx 91%ABV.

      The distillate was by far the cleanest I have ever made.
      It did not require carbon filtering and almost had no smell.

      I would certainly use either this or Vodka Star to create Vodka, however for
      flavoured spirits I would stick to the 48hour Alcotec turbos due to the
      cost.

      Ian...