Alcotec - extreme purity prototype feedback
- First a big thanks to Carl for releasing the samples.
As per the label I dumped the Extreme Purity yeast in at the same time as
the liquid activated carbon. I used 6kg white sugar and approx 22L water.
The liquid carbon had the same texture and look as thick black ink.
The wash took 20 days to ferment and came out about 14%.
I think it took so long due to the fact that it is winter here in Australia.
I noticed that the smell of the wash was a strong wine smell, similar to
West Coast Cooler, sweet and sharp.
I then used the Turbo Klar clearing agent to drop the 'black cloud' from the
The wash was clearing up nicely after a day or two but I waited six days to
make sure it was completely clear.
Using a reflux still I produced 150ml heads, 2300ml middle and 250ml tails @
The distillate was by far the cleanest I have ever made.
It did not require carbon filtering and almost had no smell.
I would certainly use either this or Vodka Star to create Vodka, however for
flavoured spirits I would stick to the 48hour Alcotec turbos due to the
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]