FW: [Distillers] calling all pot still users

  • D. C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2001
      Pete Sayers wrote:

      The amount of heads you throw away will depend on what you made the mash
      with. ie if you made a grain mash, or a fruit mash, then you would have to
      throw away more. When you make a mash using grains or fruits, you have a
      larger concentration of cellulose (plant fibre) and this translates out to a
      larger concentration of "Methyl Alcohol", and this needs to be removed. When
      we use just sugar, we have eliminated almost all the potential methyl
      alcohol,and so we throw away much less.
      Pete