Re: Scrubbers

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markgofast@...> wrote:

      > Oh poop. 18 years later as I write this, I see what I did.
      > electric element must be covered, so I added about 12 gallons
      > of "soft" water to the 3 gal collected to bring the wash up to 15
      > gallons total volume - to fill up the water heater. 3 gal of 45%
      > with 12 gal of 0% is about 9%abv. So the next run had darn near
      the
      > same starting abv as the first wash. Explains why the next run's
      > distillate abv was about the same, huh? (yea, I "huh'd" myself).
      > one plate pot still running batches of about the same starting
      wash,
      > over and over again.
      >
      > alright - ya'all have a good laugh at my expense. but remember
      this
      > was the days before the internet and Tony's website.

      We won't laugh. On the contrary, it's a classic example of the
      usefulness of keeping notes. :-)

    • Andrew Bugal
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
        Or maybe some plans for a smaller still (not necessarily an alembic) to process smaller volumes.

        Anyone help?

        Bwyze

        Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" wrote:

        > Oh poop. 18 years later as I write this, I see what I did.
        > electric element must be covered, so I added about 12 gallons
        > of "soft" water to the 3 gal collected to bring the wash up to 15
        > gallons total volume - to fill up the water heater. 3 gal of 45%
        > with 12 gal of 0% is about 9%abv. So the next run had darn near
        the
        > same starting abv as the first wash. Explains why the next run's
        > distillate abv was about the same, huh? (yea, I "huh'd" myself).
        > one plate pot still running batches of about the same starting
        wash,
        > over and over again.
        >
        > alright - ya'all have a good laugh at my expense. but remember
        this
        > was the days before the internet and Tony's website.

        We won't laugh. On the contrary, it's a classic example of the
        usefulness of keeping notes. :-)

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/e8NolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        On Yahoo!7
        Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.

      • Robert Hubble
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2006
          Hey Mark,

          NO laughing at your expense! We are ALL, to one extent or another, trying to
          wrap our heads around a mass of interacting information (see Harry's
          AND this list have improved my knowledge AND my stillin' by 3 orders of
          magnitude, at least... and I'm STILL just a potstiller.

          Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller