Re: temp misreadings

    Message 1 of 94 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, jmsmckenna@... wrote:

      > i tried one of the fountain pumps but it wasnt up to the job, i
      now use a
      > half horsepower pump an it does its job great

      Jim,
      I assume you have a coil condenser? High friction low volume ratio
      is always a problem with them.

      There's a big difference in running costs between a 24w full duty
      cycle pump and your 373w pump, especially if you're running for many
      hours at a time. Some of the big pumps aren't designed for
      continuous duty cycle. But if it works for you, & you don't mind
      the high cost of operation and possible short working life of the
      pump, then that's fine. Don't fall into the trap of leaving the
      still un-attended, just in case the pump does overheat & fail.

    • Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Message 94 of 94 , Apr 2 3:42 AM
        The following Distillers poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Potstillers
        How do you decide when to make a cut in your spirit run ?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - By Taste, 4 votes, 6.15%
        - By Smell, 3 votes, 4.62%
        - By Taste & Smell, 28 votes, 43.08%