Re: temp misreadings

  • Larry Collins
    Message 1 of 94 , Jun 1, 2006
      At 02:28 AM 06/01/2006, you wrote:
      > > I've found a little pump that is made for birdbaths, and tabletop
      >fountains
      > > at Harbor Freight Tools, item number 41287.
      >
      > > It pumps 190 gallons per hour, and draws about 250 watts of electricity.
      >
      >Yep that'll work fine. But it's not drawing 250 watts, It's 24
      >watts (0.2 amps) which is perfect.

      Yeah I know. <groan>

      After I posted that, I went back to look at their website and that's when I
      noticed that it's rated at two [tenths] of an amp, not two amps. Even More
      Better!!!

      These old eyes don't see leading decimal points as well as they once did.
      <wink>

      However, the MAIN question was about that 190 G.P.H., and thanks for the
      quick response. The very first part of my new distilling setup is going to
      be one of those little pumps, while they're on sale.

      At ten bucks a pop, I may even buy a spare!

      By the time shipping is added to their $18 website price, my $10 [plus tax]
      will come out to about half price.

      That 24 watts will be less than a whole drop in my electric bill's bucket,
      and being a fountain pump, I don't have to worry about it really being
      designed to run for an hour or two at a stretch, while pumping water out of
      a basement or something.
    • Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Message 94 of 94 , Apr 2, 2008
        The following Distillers poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Potstillers
        How do you decide when to make a cut in your spirit run ?

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - By Taste, 4 votes, 6.15%
        - By Smell, 3 votes, 4.62%
        - By Taste & Smell, 28 votes, 43.08%