Re: "structured packing" vs. scrubbing pads

  • Lindsay Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Mike Nixon has studied this and found structured packing to be
      superior. From memory, it is more uniform (no channels), it is
      impossible (within reason!) to over-pack it, and it held more distillate.

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markgofast@...> wrote:

      > has anybody in the group compared copper "structured packing" material
      > against copper scrubbing pads?

    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Mark,

        I've used both copper mesh and stainless scrubbers in
        my 36", 32" & 24" reflux columns. It seems that I got
        the same reflux. But the copper seemed to give less
        edge to the taste. That might just be my imagination.
        But both materials refluxed the same for me.
        Also, I've tried resling(sp) rings and marbles. Both
        the copper and stainless were more efficient.

        Link

        http://mail.yahoo.com