RE: [Distillers] Re: Whats happinin

  • D. C.
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2001
      << Use a [beer] brewers yeast, not a wine or turbo yeast, and aim for about
      8% alcohol yield, give or take a few percent. >>

      I would also recommend experimenting with a combination of brewers yeast and
      bakers yeast for an interesting "Old Style" flavor to your brew. I would
      recommend starting out with 4-5 days with the bakers yeast and a pinch of
      the brewer's yeast. Rack it off and pitch the brewers yeast in and sit on it
      for about 2 weeks. You might need to add some sugar when you rack.
      ---