Re: For Critique

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2006
      This principle has been tried and proven to work. A further
      refinition is to have constant cooling and adjustable heating. It's
      easier to use electronic controllers for heating element and thus
      achieve much greater accuracy than by using cooling water. With
      carefull adjustment you can stop the output in between heads-main run-
      tails as described in the "spiral still with column" document I wrote.

      - Riku

      > To take this one step further (if I haven't already gone to far
      awry), it seems
      > to me that this is an ideal setup for automation...at least for the
      sake of
      > collecting neutral spirits. With an automatic valve on the reflux
      line, have a
      > more precise temp sensor in the head drive the valve to maintain a
      desired
      > temp. If it can be dialed in to within 1 or 2 tents of a degree,
      then there
      > could be a nice clean line between clean neutral and the nasties.
      >
      > I humbley submit the above for dissection.
      > Trid

    • Trid
      Message 32 of 32 , May 11, 2006
        Random thought as I spied a bag of bulk cous-cous that's gone unused for nearly
        a year:
        Are the starches in pasta readily convertable with a little 6-row? Anybody
        ever try? I'm going to take a stab at it...meanwhile, if I'm making a horrible
        mistake here, please feel free to point, giggle, and sooner or later let me
        know :)

        Trid