Pectic enzyme = Methanol?

  • mstehelin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Ok,
      I have been reading some conflicting information.
      One post says use pectic enzymes with fruit mash to reduce the
      production of methanol.
      Another post says pectic enzymes INCREASE methanol levels.

      Kris Bergland's book on artisan distilling says that:
      -methanol is found in all stages of fruit brandy. Heads, hearts and
      tails.

      So is it a case of "Damned if you do and damned if you don't"?
      Cheers