  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Harry,
      You seem to have spawned a couple of new groups and I must admit that I have joined all out of amusement.The argument regarding the copyright issue seems to be more academic than anything else.If one agrees with you that the big danger is yahoo pulling the plug then of course any reasonable person must side with you and as I have seen no argument to the contrary I accept this.Reinforcing your position is that you opened: the say what you like group: and I was sorry to see that Alex ,whom I regard as a friend did not take advantage of this.I must say that I find this all amusing however it must be said that I have never felt intimidated to speak out if I wanted to.I would like to mention that it is all very well to start a new group but it would take ages to establish a library of information that exists in this group.Lastly I don,t mind if you and Tony are a little tender about this group.I,m sure there are few people who would do what you do without remuneration.I believe
      we all owe you both a debt of gratitude for this and Tony,s site which I use as a distillers bible.

      Regards
      Joe

    • Dave Lorimer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        I second that I would not have started without all that knowlage,
        thank you Harry for all your patience. and the two Tony's for
        there site.
        Dave

        joe giffen <joegiffen@...> wrote:
[...]

        Food and drink Culture Culture club Organizational culture Distillers

        ---------------------------------

      • J Andrews
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          I'll drink to that. Kudos! Phantom

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2006
            The subject of copyrighting a reflux still was brought up by Alex in
            his early days. It seems that you cannot as the idea is not original.
            But defaming someone's professional integrity or undermining someone's
            substantial commercial investment is definitely not ethical. It
            appears to me that Alex now has a commercial aim and begins by
            undermining even those who helped him earlier!
            wal