Re: [Distillers] Creamed corn???

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2006
      A friend of mines Mom cleaned the freezer and gave us 30Lb. of cream corn. We thawed it . Stoked it with Amalyze let it set on the stove overnight set on warm. Checked for starch the next morning OK . Dumped a pack of 1118 lalvin yeast and 3 gal of water. 5Lb of sugar added every 4 days for a total of 15Lb. Potstilled it to 65%. Cut to 40% set on carbon for a month. Set on oak chips a month. Its right fair likker.Dont know if the cost of canned would be good but I dont see why it wont work IF you mash it real good.

      mstehelin <mstehelin@...> wrote: As I was walking through the grocery store I got to the sale display
      and they had creamed corn on sale. It got me thinking.
      Do you think that creamed corm could be used as a adjunct to create
      Burbon?
      Just a thought.......