[Fwd: dino==dan==david==steve==ray]

  • GhostWolf
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      Actually, some American moonshiners did use only corn and water (and
      yes I know what corn is, I was born and raised in the state of Nebraska)
      but anyway, if you have not already check out a book called "Mountain
      Spirits", it can be had on Amazon.com and is a great reference for
      moonshining. The corn was sprouted (or malted) to a half inch which
      produced the sugar needed for fermentation. This took much longer than
      a turbo and sugar but it can be done and in open barrels no less.
      My only question was if it can be done in a reflux as opposed to a pot
      still.