reply to ray==tony ackland here's a challenge

  • BJ & FM Poke
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2000
      ray=no idea where it originated obviously some brewer/distiller worked it out a very long time ago,UNFORTUNATLY it is a constant ,there is no table for differing a/v,it's used widely[and wildly] in the brewing/distilling industry as a general ,guide but is considered as a more accurate broad method when not wishing to use really accurate systems like an ebulliometer,pycnometry or density instruments etc.etc.,however for a/v's betwixt 5/6-8/9 it's a wee ripper for a quick squizz. the crux de la matter is it does consider ethanol bearing solutions whereas the 7.36 type tables don't appear to ,but let's not get too far here from reality the difference won't break canberra or wellington's [how are you mrs. clark enjoy your visit to australia ?????? she got a bit sunburnt actually,she's a member of this n. g. you know.AND she's taller than our prime minister and he's not a she] budget, which brings me to another point in my demented senile ramblings TONY ACKLAND what a challenge for you and i ,me pretending to be a distillery/brewery chemist and you pretending to be a chemical engineer we could nearly formulate a table to make that 0.129 thing relate to ANY a/v, now there's a couple of weeks work each, then we could sell it to DINO for $1,000,000 and buy a new porsche each
      nice thought back to the real world ==brian

      i see a number of postings on deja com free u.k. distilling encouraging members there to come across to this n.g. AS WELL that's a good idea i reckon a bit of cross pollination can only make both gene's stronger ,i post there sometimes, but no question this n.g. has much much talent as my computer genius/ home brew shop owning friend in n.z. said