ethanol from cattails

  • aikido803
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      Does anyone have experence making beer from cattails or can you direct
      me to someone who does? have applied for permit from ATF to begin
      experiments in ethanol from cattails.

      Thanks,
      Dutch
    • Glen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        As tempting as it is, I won't say it. You're referring to Typha
        latifolia of course. I'm interested in this as well. When you find
        information, please post it.

        Glen

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "aikido803" <dutch803@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have experence making beer from cattails or can you
        direct
        > me to someone who does? have applied for permit from ATF to begin
        > experiments in ethanol from cattails.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dutch

      • Trid
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
          --- aikido803 <dutch803@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone have experence making beer from cattails or can you direct
          > me to someone who does? have applied for permit from ATF to begin
          > experiments in ethanol from cattails.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Dutch

          ...for fuel or drink?

          If you want more info on fuel production check in with the
          acoholfuel@yahoogroups.com list. Much more applicable info there.

          For drink, I'll assume you're referring to the tubers and refer to the potato
          recipes as found on the canonical http://homedistiller.org

          Hope it may help,
          Trid
          -hmmm, cattail vodka, now you got me thinking :)