chili

  • homadechilly
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 9:48 AM
      Since I am a retired chef of 29 yrs. and compete in regional chili
      cookoffs, I would never give out a real chili recipe. Gin is a nice
      secret ingrediant. Never waste a beer on chili...beer is for drinkin'
      Habanaro and Chipoltle chili's add a nice 'heat' and 'flavor' to the
      pot...My first wash has been 'cookin' for 4 days now!! Still bubbling!

      Larry
    • Mark Nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 12:57 PM
        You're right about not giving out "real" recipes. I'd be afraid to send them
        anything with real heat, it would melt their didgeridoos. Besides, having
        packed down with a couple of them in a scrum, I wouldn't want to add to
        smell ;>)

        Thanks for the laugh. Things have been a little tense in the group lately.
        Good luck with your wash, let us know how it turns out.

        Mark

      • parkst5356
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 1:10 PM
          we must be deprived. what the bloody hell is a chipostle pepper and
          adobo sauce. some things are just good to not know about. paul

          ps great joke on chili judging- had to save it and send to mates.
        • jfpottery
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 3:33 PM
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "parkst5356" <parkst5356@...> wrote:
            >Chipotli peppers are dried and smoked jalapena peppers in a red chili-
            mexican sauce. They come in a can and add a real nice flavor to alot
            of food. I have used dried chipotlis and after reading this post I am
            going to soak some and see what it tastes like. Maybe with some oak.
            Anyone ever made chipotli scnapps?> we must be deprived. what the