RE: [Distillers] Chili

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
      Oh come on!
      It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the hottest
      chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
      usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
      Anyway, back to the subject:
      gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
      beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to find
      and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta cook
      for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
      Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
      Cheers all
      Rob.

      Cheers,
      Rob.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Sven Pfitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
        What? Chili with no habaneros?

        Sven

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
        wrote:

        > Oh come on!
        > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
        hottest
        > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
        > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
        > Anyway, back to the subject:
        > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
        > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
        find
        > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
        cook
        > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
        > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
        > Cheers all
        > Rob.
        >

        > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:

        ...snip...
      • Robert Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
          If I hadn't just thrown the paper out, I could have told you what to
          use, but habaneros will do at a pinch. (Personally, I don't like to
          freeze my loo roll, so I don't use them!
          ch

          --- Sven Pfitt <the_gimp98@...> wrote:

          > What? Chili with no habaneros?
          >
          > Sven
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Oh come on!
          > > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
          > hottest
          > > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
          > > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
          > > Anyway, back to the subject:
          > > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
          > > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
          > find
          > > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
          > cook
          > > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
          > > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
          > > Cheers all
          > > Rob.
          > >

          > > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:
          > >
          > ...snip...

          Cheers,
          Rob.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Mark Nelson
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
[...]

            Once all of the meat is browned, Add the onions and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.