Re: [Distillers] Chinese booze

  • Dave Nay
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
      In 2001 when on vacation in China, I purchased a bottle of this booze.
      One of my traveling companions and I sat down one evening to sample it.
      Pouring a shot for each of us, we toasted our health and lifted the
      glasses to our lips. Luckily, we were both somewhat cautious, and we
      each took a sniff, and a gentle sip instead of shooting it down.

      After we each had a sip, it took about 5 minutes of coughing and eye
      watering before we were able to pour our shots back into the bottle, and
      give it away to the nearest busboy (who was very thankful and gave
      excellent service the rest of the evening!).

      I never want to experience that crap again! LOL

      Dave

    • duds2u
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
        I was in Shanghai in 1984 at a formal dinner. After about 10
        courses we got to the toasting stage of the dinner and yes, it was
        this stuff and there were a couple of hours of toasts. I can
        guarantee that it tastes and smells just as bad coming back up as it
        does going down.
        Even in my early days of distilling I couldn't make anything that
        bad.
        Cheers
        Mal T