Re: [Distillers] sorry

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
      What yeast do you use ? Do you use beano or amylase ? Im assuming this is pot still quesine ! Bye going to the store for supplies. Hmmm Crackers or pita bread ? Colby or cheddar?

      Larry Johnson <homadechilly@...> wrote: INGREDIENTS:
      2 pounds lean ground beef
      1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
      1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
      1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
      1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
      1 1/2 cups chopped onion
      1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
      1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
      1/2 teaspoon white sugar
      1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
      1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
      1 teaspoon salt
      1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
      1/4 cup chili powder

      ---------------------------------
      DIRECTIONS:
      Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
      In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. (Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)

      Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

      Mate,

      Got some good chili recipes? Need something to warm these cold winter nights here.

      Bwyze

      homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:
      Sorry Bob,

      Just a joke...I think the term 'banana bender' is the funniest thing I
      have ever heard of..I have several friends from OZ. I was just reading
      all the comments of the triac stuff...way over my head! Just an old
      cowboy with a reflux rig....sittin here sippin on my 87% 'lightning'
      God bless all the smart people!!

      Larry

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      ---------------------------------

    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
        Oh come on!
        It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the hottest
        chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
        usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
        Anyway, back to the subject:
        gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
        beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to find
        and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta cook
        for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
        Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
        Cheers all
        Rob.

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sven Pfitt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
          What? Chili with no habaneros?

          Sven

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
          wrote:

          > Oh come on!
          > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
          hottest
          > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
          > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
          > Anyway, back to the subject:
          > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
          > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
          find
          > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
          cook
          > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
          > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
          > Cheers all
          > Rob.
          >

          > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:

          ...snip...
        • Robert Thomas
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
            If I hadn't just thrown the paper out, I could have told you what to
            use, but habaneros will do at a pinch. (Personally, I don't like to
            freeze my loo roll, so I don't use them!
            ch

            --- Sven Pfitt <the_gimp98@...> wrote:

            > What? Chili with no habaneros?
            >
            > Sven
            >
            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Oh come on!
            > > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
            > hottest
            > > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
            > > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
            > > Anyway, back to the subject:
            > > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
            > > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
            > find
            > > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
            > cook
            > > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
            > > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
            > > Cheers all
            > > Rob.
            > >

            > > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:
            > >
            > ...snip...

            Cheers,
            Rob.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mark Nelson
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
[...]

              Once all of the meat is browned, Add the onions and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.