sorry

  • homadechilly
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
      Sorry Bob,

      Just a joke...I think the term 'banana bender' is the funniest thing I
      have ever heard of..I have several friends from OZ. I was just reading
      all the comments of the triac stuff...way over my head! Just an old
      cowboy with a reflux rig....sittin here sippin on my 87% 'lightning'
      God bless all the smart people!!

      Larry
    • Andrew Bugal
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
        Mate,

        Got some good chili recipes? Need something to warm these cold winter nights here.

        Bwyze

        homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:
        Sorry Bob,

        Just a joke...I think the term 'banana bender' is the funniest thing I
        have ever heard of..I have several friends from OZ. I was just reading
        all the comments of the triac stuff...way over my head! Just an old
        cowboy with a reflux rig....sittin here sippin on my 87% 'lightning'
        God bless all the smart people!!

        Larry

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • J0n
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
          Hi All,
          There used to be a product made by Hiram Walker called TQ Hot -
          which they have now stopped making / distributing.

          Essentially it was a citrus, spice and chilli infused Gold tequila which
          was fantastic. As I recall it had some some texture / mouth feel to it also.

          Does anyone have or know of any recipe's that may be similar? I have
          tried - and although I get some interesting results, it's just not quite
          the same (actually - it's not even close! :).

          Cheers ...

        • Larry Johnson
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
            INGREDIENTS:
            2 pounds lean ground beef
            1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
            1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
            1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
            1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
            1 1/2 cups chopped onion
            1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
            1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
            1/2 teaspoon white sugar
            1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
            1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
            1 teaspoon salt
            1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
            1/4 cup chili powder

            ---------------------------------
            DIRECTIONS:
            Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
            In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. (Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)

            Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

            Mate,

            Got some good chili recipes? Need something to warm these cold winter nights here.

            Bwyze

            homadechilly <homadechilly@...> wrote:
            Sorry Bob,

            Just a joke...I think the term 'banana bender' is the funniest thing I
            have ever heard of..I have several friends from OZ. I was just reading
            all the comments of the triac stuff...way over my head! Just an old
            cowboy with a reflux rig....sittin here sippin on my 87% 'lightning'
            God bless all the smart people!!

            Larry

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • donald holcombe

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                Oh come on!
                It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the hottest
                chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
                usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
                Anyway, back to the subject:
                gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
                beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to find
                and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta cook
                for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
                Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
                Cheers all
                Rob.

                Cheers,
                Rob.

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Sven Pfitt
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                  What? Chili with no habaneros?

                  Sven

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Oh come on!
                  > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
                  hottest
                  > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
                  > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
                  > Anyway, back to the subject:
                  > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
                  > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
                  find
                  > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
                  cook
                  > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
                  > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
                  > Cheers all
                  > Rob.
                  >

                  > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:

                  ...snip...
                • Robert Thomas
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                    If I hadn't just thrown the paper out, I could have told you what to
                    use, but habaneros will do at a pinch. (Personally, I don't like to
                    freeze my loo roll, so I don't use them!
                    ch

                    --- Sven Pfitt <the_gimp98@...> wrote:

                    > What? Chili with no habaneros?
                    >
                    > Sven
                    >
                    > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Oh come on!
                    > > It is now official (although published on Saturday!!) that the
                    > hottest
                    > > chilli peppers come from Dorset in the UK. Alledgedly this breed is
                    > > usually just stroked across the food to make it hot.
                    > > Anyway, back to the subject:
                    > > gotta be mince, because no chewing is required in between glugs of
                    > > beer. Gotta add 5 whole cumin pods per meal as an "easter egg" to
                    > find
                    > > and avoid. Gotta use fresh or (-ve points) pickled chilies. Gotta
                    > cook
                    > > for too long (damn, the dinner's ready, lets have another drink).
                    > > Extra points for using the burnt crust on the pan as a fajita!!
                    > > Cheers all
                    > > Rob.
                    > >

                    > > --- Mark Nelson <mnelson@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > ...snip...

                    Cheers,
                    Rob.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Mark Nelson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
[...]

                      Once all of the meat is browned, Add the onions and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.