to Dan Zadra

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi dan.

      I forgot to say something that was used to do in the old times with
      old pot stills by old distillers (everything is "old"):
      to cover with a wet,rough piece of tissue (e,g, a piece of the cloth
      of juta bags) the superior part of the still, the part made as a
      dome, where the vapours climb before to go into the arm line (or
      swan neck, as you like) and sometimes wetting that one with some
      drops of fresh water.

      Such in this way they were getting a rough separations of spirit
      components (in italian language that operation is
      called "deflemmazione").

      Now, is better to have a column but, if you have a pot still like
      what you have, should be interesting to act as I described.

      Ciao a tutti

      micio felice