Re: Brandy/Cognac

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 3:24 PM
      Hi Andrew.

      I think the biggest obstacle is the language: I know (at least, I
      hope to) a little bit of english language, but this isn't my mother
      tongue.
      So, sometimes, happens to misunderstand a word.

      Anyway, I'm feeling proud to belong to this site.

      If sometimes I'm looking too passionate, please tell me.

      If you need to know something about grappa distillation, let me know
      and I'll do my best to help you to get a spirit coming from the past
      (but with modern methods).

      Ciao a tutti
      da

      micio felice

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

      > Micio,
      >
      > The members are a passionate lot and thirst for the knowledge of
      the origins of their hobby. As an Italian, you should know about
      passion.

      > I believe this site is more than an encyclopedia on distilling.
      I also believe hobby distilling always involves a personal touch
      from somethings almost forgotten or recipes an older person just
      happened to remember when they learn a younger person is distilling.

      > You are seen as a potential expert in the production of a spirit
      from times long past that is still produced today. How was it
      done? Who started it? How can I make it authentic?

      > In other words, don't take it too seriously.
      >
      > (Bloody Volvo drivers)
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Bwyze

    • miciofelice2003
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1 3:52 PM
        Ciao Dan.

        I don't know if I'm in time to answer your question.

        I'm going to become used to the anglosaxon humour: anyway give me
        some more time.

        As I already answered, you can dilute your spirit as you like.
        Personally I prefer 40% and I'm used to drink it a little bit cold
        (not freezed, only cold at 10-12 °C) in summer and at room
        temperature in winter. I don't put any ice on the glass, and also
        any soda, water, or something else.
        Just grappa.

        Oh, I forgot.

        It's better to give about three or four days of "rest" between the
        first and the second distillation. If you distilled carefully
        (referring to head and tails) you have to dilute to 18-22 % two days
        before the second run.

        If you distilled the first run following the french method (what i
        prefer) you don't need to dilute the first run.

        If you can find a root of liquorice (wood) cut it in the middle and
        put into the bottle for about one month: the taste is very good,
        believe me.

        Or you can put into your grappa a little bit (only a little bit
        because too much is toxic) of "ruta graveolens". The taste is good
        and help to digest and the colour is a beautiful green.

        ciao a tutti
        da

        micio felice

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "polenta222" <polenta222@...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1 9:20 PM
          Non problemo!
          Artists make beatiful creations from junk (rubbish). Skilled
          Distillers can make lovely drinks from what others discard, and as you
          can see I did not ever say that rum or grappa was rubbish.
          wal
          PS Yes, I noticed that homedistilling in Italy is still very secretive
          and seeing the price of official grappa I can see why. The best
          grappa I actually tasted in Moneglia (Liguria) made from local white
          grapes.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"