Re: Condensing (was a load of cobblers)

  • joeatsalot
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
      > Yes, there is a volume of air sucked back in to the condenser ... it's
      > not a huge quantity, but it is there.
      >
      > I have seen it proved many a time by immersion of the condensate
      tube in
      > the collection container - the liquid gets sucked back up into the tube

      Interesting! It's good to know it really does happen in practice.
    • joeatsalot
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
        Yeah! Go perverse! I would love to see a still explode, too. Hmm... in
        a large paddock perhaps?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

        > Man, this may be perverse but I would love to see my 50 litre, heavy
        stainless steel beer keg, which is my boiler, slowly implode. Implode
        right? Not explode and hurt someone but implode as going up it's own ass.
      • Andrew Bugal
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
          Mate,

          Read my message again. I said IMLPODE NOT explode. Slight difference in direction.

          Regards,

          bwyze

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal wrote:

          > Man, this may be perverse but I would love to see my 50 litre, heavy
          stainless steel beer keg, which is my boiler, slowly implode. Implode
          right? Not explode and hurt someone but implode as going up it's own ass.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • joeatsalot
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
            I read your message right, and you read mine right. I meant I'd like
            to see one explode as well as seeing one implode.
            I haven't heard of any exploding, though, so it might be less likely
            than it seems. And I can't imagine a heavy SS keg imploding either,
            though hopefully somebody in this group will try it and prove us wrong.

            Cheers

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

            > Mate,
            >
            > Read my message again. I said IMLPODE NOT explode. Slight
            difference in direction.

            > Regards,
            >
            > bwyze
            >
            > joeatsalot <joeatsalot@...> wrote:
            > Yeah! Go perverse! I would love to see a still explode, too. Hmm... in
            > a large paddock perhaps?
            >
            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal wrote:
            > >
            > > Man, this may be perverse but I would love to see my 50 litre, heavy
            > stainless steel beer keg, which is my boiler, slowly implode. Implode
            > right? Not explode and hurt someone but implode as going up it's own
            ass.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Andrew Bugal
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
              you are probably right mate. Guerss I better get the Darwin award dusted off.

              Bwyze

              joeatsalot <joeatsalot@...> wrote:
              I read your message right, and you read mine right. I meant I'd like
              to see one explode as well as seeing one implode.
              I haven't heard of any exploding, though, so it might be less likely
              than it seems. And I can't imagine a heavy SS keg imploding either,
              though hopefully somebody in this group will try it and prove us wrong.

              Cheers

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal wrote:

              > Mate,
              >
              > Read my message again. I said IMLPODE NOT explode. Slight
              difference in direction.

              > Regards,
              >
              > bwyze
              >
              > joeatsalot wrote:
              > Yeah! Go perverse! I would love to see a still explode, too. Hmm... in
              > a large paddock perhaps?
              >
              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal wrote:
              > >
              > > Man, this may be perverse but I would love to see my 50 litre, heavy
              > stainless steel beer keg, which is my boiler, slowly implode. Implode
              > right? Not explode and hurt someone but implode as going up it's own
              ass.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links