commercial distilling speed

  • dvman45
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hello members;I have been sitting ,stilling and wondering about how
      long it takes a commercial distillery to run a batch. From what I can
      gather most commercial still pots are in the 15,500liter ( 3000-4000
      imp.gal) range.Since most home distillers seam to run about 25 liters
      at a time and it takes about 12 hours at a drop a second, I am
      wondering how fast the distillate comes off in a commercial
      distillery. From what I hear they produce tens of thousands of liters
      yearly. Thanks Dave
    • dvman45
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 12:26 PM
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "dvman45" <dvman45@...> wrote:

        > Hello members;I have been sitting ,stilling and wondering about how
        > long it takes a commercial distillery to run a batch. From what I
        can
        > gather most commercial still pots are in the 15,500liter ( 3000-4000
        > imp.gal) range.Since most home distillers seam to run about 25
        liters
        > at a time and it takes about 12 hours at a drop a second, I am
        > wondering how fast the distillate comes off in a commercial
        > distillery. From what I hear they produce tens of thousands of
        liters
        > yearly. Thanks Dave

        Well I have checked as many sources as I know including Google and
        still haven't found an answer to how fast commercial distillers run a
        batch. Any one know or got any ideas of where to look ? Dave