Re: OK, what's up!!

  • miciofelice2003
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2006
      Hi Morgan.

      The wine pomace I use is about 12% of alcohol content.

      I collect the distillate at an average of about 72% the first run
      and 83%-85% the second run.

      Yes, I use a very low flame under my boiler: during the second run
      the head temperature stay at 79-80 °C for about 92% of the total
      time of distilling.

      I'll do the experiment you suggest: to increase the flame to check
      if the alcohol % remain steady. Really I'll do.

      Or, better: I did but I didn't check the variation of alcohol degree.

      I only noticed an increase of head column temperature and an bigger
      increase of bottom column temperature: so the head-bottom difference
      of temperature was smaller. The meaning was a less capability of
      fractionnating of the column.
      Anyway, at the end is right what you said: if you are happy with
      your distillate, that is the right rate of distilling.

      Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

      ciao to everybody

      micio felice

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1" <morganfield1@...>