Re: [Distillers] Re: Methanol Inhalation poisoning

  • Robert Hubble
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1 7:31 AM
      Detcord,

      Sorry I double-jived you. Yes, I WAS talking about O2, and if you breath O2
      in concentrations of less than 2ppm, you WILL turn blue and die. The body
      is much happier with contcentrations of 20% or so.

      Sorry (sort of) to mess with you, but you fell for it.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      >From: detcord@...
      >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: Methanol Inhalation poisoning
      >Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:11:40 -0600
      >

      >I was thinking that O2 was also named Dioxide...looks like I stand
      >corrected.
      >I was being funny since Dihydrogen oxide is water, I assumed dioxide was
      >oxygen.

    • det01cord
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1 8:23 AM
        DOH!!!
        you did get me, and good too.
        You got me on a technicality with the 2ppm portion. I was familiar
        with the >19% level being safe. When I read your message I read it as
        saying that in concentrations as small as 2ppm ( read 2ppm and larger)
        that Dioxide would be lethal. I didn't even consider it to be less
        than 2ppm being dangerous. It appeared you were contradicting my
        deprivation statement.

        All in fun.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Hubble" <zymurgybob@h...>