Re: [Distillers] Re: Was Methanol Inhalation poisoning (OT)

  • J0n
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2006
      You don't per chance mean Dioxin(s) - or PCCD's do you?

      Measured in parts per trillion ...

      Robert Hubble wrote:
      > All very well to jest, Detcord, but toxicology studies have shown that
      > Dioxide is so toxic that in concentrations of less than 2 ppm it can cause
      > cyanosis and death. NOT a risk to be taken lightly!
      >
      > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      >

      >> From: DetCord <detcord@...>
      >> To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      >> Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: Methanol Inhalation poisoning
      >> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:00:48 -0600
      >>
      >> Yeah that DiHydrogen Monoxide is almost as dangerous as Dioxide
      >> deprevation.
      >>

      >> Harry wrote:
      >>
      >>> --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mstehelin" <mstehelin@y...>
      >>> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> You'd have more chance of getting Carbon Monoxide poisoning by
      >>> taking 3 quick breaths outside your front door. Of course you could
      >>> always hold your breath all day, but that's not recommended either.
      >>> Asphyxiation is bad for your health. So is DiHydrogen Monoxide.
      >>> Better not use that stuff either. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
        Detcord,

        Sorry I double-jived you. Yes, I WAS talking about O2, and if you breath O2
        in concentrations of less than 2ppm, you WILL turn blue and die. The body
        is much happier with contcentrations of 20% or so.

        Sorry (sort of) to mess with you, but you fell for it.

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        >From: detcord@...
        >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: Methanol Inhalation poisoning
        >Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:11:40 -0600
        >

        >I was thinking that O2 was also named Dioxide...looks like I stand
        >corrected.
        >I was being funny since Dihydrogen oxide is water, I assumed dioxide was
        >oxygen.

      • det01cord
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
          DOH!!!
          you did get me, and good too.
          You got me on a technicality with the 2ppm portion. I was familiar
          with the >19% level being safe. When I read your message I read it as
          saying that in concentrations as small as 2ppm ( read 2ppm and larger)
          that Dioxide would be lethal. I didn't even consider it to be less
          than 2ppm being dangerous. It appeared you were contradicting my
          deprivation statement.

          All in fun.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Hubble" <zymurgybob@h...>