rye whisky reciepe need help

  • switchy62
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      Need help on reciepe my grandpa gave me.Iwant to know if this right
      for this is the first time making it.
      25 lbs.rye,50lbs. surgar, 2and half lbs.yeast,50gal.water
      My grandpa is no longer living so I can't talk with him to see if this
      is corret. He also put a liquid brown sugar in it after distilling
      it.Can anybody help me out on this before I get started? Thank you
      switchy62
    • clarkrgr1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "switchy62" <cdswitch@w...> wrote:

        > Need help on reciepe my grandpa gave me.Iwant to know if this right
        > for this is the first time making it.
        > 25 lbs.rye,50lbs. surgar, 2and half lbs.yeast,50gal.water
        > My grandpa is no longer living so I can't talk with him to see if
        this
        > is corret. He also put a liquid brown sugar in it after distilling
        > it.Can anybody help me out on this before I get started? Thank you
        > switchy62

        it sounds pretty close to what i'm using
        you will have to malt some of the rye or throw in a couple pounds of
        barly malt
        sounds a little heavy on the yeast
        good luck
        roger