Happy Australia Day

  • Gregory Bloom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2006
      This just shows you what sort of lifetime achievements are really of lasting significance:

      • In 1954 an Australian college student named Bob Hawke became the “World’s Fastest Drinker” after downing 2 1/2 pints of beer in 11 seconds.

      • In 1983 the same Bob Hawke was elected prime minister of Australia.

      • In his 1994 memoirs, Hawke lamented, “This feat [the drinking] was to endear me to some of my fellow Australians more than anything else I ever achieved.”

      Happy Australia Day