RE: [Distillers] Benedictine and Scotch

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2006
      You can get some great results from the Still Spirit range .for Whiskey I
      currently use the whiskey profile kit.basically you can taylor make the
      whiskey to suit your taste, also a good recipe I have used for years is

      Soak for 6 weeks

      1 litre 40% ABV

      2 teaspoons of toasted Oak chips

      4 teaspoons of virgin Oak saw dust

      2 drops of liquid smoke

      Filter after 6 weeks and to a 1125ml bottle add 1 sachet of still spirit
      classic whiskey (Green) then top up with 40%ABV best left for a further week
      to allow flavours to blend.Usually I make up 5 litres at a time of the
      "soaked" alcohol and when filtered put another 5 down so that it is always
      on hand. Also when making whiskey based liqueurs this base can be used the
      give it real class usually I 50/50 is good, also good with the bourbon range
      you choose the percentages to give the taste you want

      Hope this helps

      Cheers Ken Mc

      Ken McIndoe

      sub-contracting as KM Services