Re: [Distillers] Where does Ethyl Acetate comes from ?? HUH?

  • Robert Hubble
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2006
      Well, you're doing it again, Gregory. All he wants to know is where ethyl
      acetate comes from, so here goes.

      Ethyl acetate comes from a small town just outside of Elko, Nevada. It is
      mined from a particularly rich vein of ethyl acetate ore, and vacuum packed
      to retain freshness. Because ethyl acetate has the aroma of fresh fruit, it
      is shipped all over the world to fruit packers, who flavor their product
      with it. This is fortunate for fruit-lovers because, until 1949, all fruit
      was shipped without esters, and tasted like tofu.

      Ethyl acetate is also an important additive to copper, where it it used to
      make the metal more agreeable. It is this alloying that can plague
      distillers. If you are all stainless steel and still have ethyl acetate
      problems, don't bother me.

      I hope this helps, and if you need more information, just ask.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller