Re: scotch flavor

  • emailbenja
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
      I recently made some scotch from an old batch of a mates beer. Not
      sure what it was (dark colour and tasted terrible) But on tasting,
      some say they could detect a peatiness about it. Certainly tasted
      good, and is a testament to the power of oaking- the original product
      was terrible! Far better than anything i have made with the Whisky
      profiling kit.
      Anyone have any thoughts on where the peatiness came from? could it
      have something to do with the hops, and if so, could it be reliably
      reproduced?
      Will have to make another batch of scotch, from unhopped malt (canned)
      and see what happens i think. Shame it took 3 months to age- but then
      again it tasted like a 10 year old!
      cheers
      benja