Malt mashes, foaming and boiler size

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      Has anyone tried excessively large boiler with malt mashes to control
      the foaming? I just ran into 60 liters fermentation buckets in my local
      brew shop. I thought they would make a fine boiler for 25 liters mashes
      and could even hold the foam with higher powers. What I'd like to know
      is if anyone has tried a higher powered stripping run with only one
      third of the boiler filled and how it turned out?

      - Riku