Re: Spiral Still Questions

  • nameless
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2006
      I filled the pipe with table salt, then you can give any shape to it
      without kinks,
      and about bad smells and flavours, adding even a short 30cm(12inch)
      column will give you pure stuff.
      using bigger element with a simple manual voltage controling will
      be good.
      spiral still is not so good itself,if you want pure stuff you should
      build spiral with column and heat controler (riku's design, there is
      a pdf about it but i don't remember where to download)
      for me spiral with column works greater than
      my reflux still.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, DetCord <detcord@h...> wrote:

      > rolls of tubing is already "soft" unlike straight tubing which is
      > considered "hard pipe".
      > If you purchased your tubing in rolled form (50' rolls) it has already
      > been annealed and re-heating serves little purpose without asbestos
      > gloves on to work it at an elevated temp.
      >
      > If you have mandrel type hand benders, I much prefer using "hard pipe"
      >

      > Andrew Bugal wrote:
      > > Okay, I give up.
      > >
      > > I made mistakes with my still and had to sort them out myself
      before I came across this site.

      > > Just trying to help.
      > >
      > > Jonny may find it easier to bend the tubing if he heats it with
      a gas torch. Of course annealed copper is easier to bend.

      > > Regards,
      > > Andy

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2006
        Available in here
        http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Listings2.htm#Books%20Listings

        I rather assumed the person asking the original question had allready
        read the booklet.

        - Riku