Re: [Distillers] Valved Reflux Questions

  • Andrew Bugal
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2005
      bokabob is correct. I built the same still and the condensor head top is open to the air. It prevents pressure build-up in the still and allows the bad alcohol to evaporate before hitting the 78 C temp.

      Bywyze 44

      _{*L*}_ <bokakob@...> wrote:
      You are absolutely correct! The top MUST have a vent or be open completely.

      StumpHoleWater wrote: Greetings all and Happy New Year.
      Your input thus far has been invaluable. Thank you.
      I have one additional question. I am building the Keg Valved Reflux Still using the plans under www.homedistiller.org/. I'm in the process of finishing the Still Head Condenser, however, it appears that this portion should not be capped.
      I can't tell whether there is a cap over the condensing coil or not. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks and Happy New Year! Michael

      _{*L*}_
      Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

      Yahoo! Groups Links