BBC E-mail: The ultimate hangover cure?

  • wal
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
      wal saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
      should see it.

      ** The ultimate hangover cure? **
      Alcohol sales go through the roof at this time of year, as do those of supposed hangover cures. But the holy grail for revellers is a panacea that prevents damage in the first place.
      < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4563760.stm >

      ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
      in one daily e-mail
      < http://www.bbc.co.uk/dailyemail/ >

      ** Disclaimer **
      The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender have been verified.

      If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our frequently asked questions. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm
    • David Eastham
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@h...> wrote:

        > wal saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
        > should see it.
        >

        > ** The ultimate hangover cure? **
        > Alcohol sales go through the roof at this time of year, as do
        those of supposed hangover cures. But the holy grail for revellers
        is a panacea that prevents damage in the first place.
        > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-
        /2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4563760.stm >

        If anybody wants to stop hangovers, I recommend the following:-

        "GSH Modulators
        Two (2) Vegicaps® provide: NAC (n-acetyl-l-cysteine) 500 mg Vitamin
        C (l-ascorbic acid) 500 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid 120 mg Selenium (l-
        selenomethionine) 100 mcg"
        From :-http://www.vitaminuk.com/system/index.html but search for
        NAC on most vitamin sites and they should come up, from Solgar. I
        pay £26 for 60, which is less than £1 for each binge session. This
        along with pure homebrewed vodka does the trick.

        I read an article years ago by new scientist which proved N acetyl
        cysteine helps stop hangovers. I've used them ever since, and now
        there is a capsule out by solgar which also contains vitamin C and
        lipoic acid. Both these are recommended for hangover cures. Detoxify
        the liver. I only take one before I start drinking and one half way
        through the drinking session (before I forget).
        Regards
        Dave E
      • donald holcombe
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
          I was always told to prevent Hangovers, When you start drinking DONT STOP. I prevent my Hangovers by BUYING a BIGGER PAIR OF PANTS !

          wal <waljaco@...> wrote: wal saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
[...]

          ---------------------------------

        • Stillwaters
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
            <blackledge_02@y...> wrote:

            > I was always told to prevent Hangovers, When you start drinking DONT
            STOP. I prevent my Hangovers by BUYING a BIGGER PAIR OF PANTS !

            Sage advice indeed!!
            On the other hand, the home hobbyist stands the best chance of
            avoiding the big "H" by making judicious cuts during the run
            (notwithstanding above advice).
            Happy New Year to all.
          • ethanol101@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
              In a message dated 12/29/2005 6:41:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              mgowen55@... writes:

              I was always told to prevent Hangovers, When you start drinking DONT
              STOP. I prevent my Hangovers by BUYING a BIGGER PAIR OF PANTS !

              I have always been told to stop hangovers take a 1mg. Xanax before bed and
              another one in the morning, Seems to work good for me.

              Ethanol102