Re: [Distillers] dry malt extract

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2005
      Pour powder into boiling water using a WHISK if you can. watch out for boilovers. It will foam up quite a bit. You may shutdown heat while you mix to keep foaming down.

      Mark <markgofast@...> wrote: Help! My next mash bill will be 50% dry malt extract and 50% corn
      sugar. In prior attempts to mix dry malt extract all I got was brown
      clumps that took forever to break up.

      What's the drill? How can I mix DME into water? Should it be hot
      water? Cold water?