A waste of good likker

  • popwahtosh
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
      This is an e-mail I received recently. Thought I would share it with
      the group.

      Pop

      Did you know this about vodka?

      1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka.
      The solvent dissolves adhesive

      2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-
      spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes
      and wash clean.
      The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

      3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft,
      clean cloth

      dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and
      kills
      germs.

      4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and
      letting your
      safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka
      disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

      5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot
      dry.

      6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent
      to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

      7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol
      cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the
      growth of healthy hair.

      8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps
      to kill them.

      9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer
      bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or
      black
      eyes.

      10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender
      flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in
      the sun for three
      days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture
      to aches and pains.

      11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest
      and back as a liniment.

      12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

      13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

      14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the
      urushiol oil from your skin.

      15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to
      absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

      And silly me . I've only been drinking the stuff!!!

      And, they also clean ballet costumes with it...learned that at one
      of my ballet lectures.
    • Robert Hubble
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
        Pop,

        I love it, but I've got a few comments.

        >From: "popwahtosh" <popwahtosh@...>
        >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Distillers] A waste of good likker
        >Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:45:16 -0000
        >

        >This is an e-mail I received recently. Thought I would share it with
        >the group.
        >
        >Pop
        >

        >Did you know this about vodka?
        >
        >1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka.
        >The solvent dissolves adhesive
        Many years ago, I had a vision that I had a Band-Aid stuck to my tranverse
        colon. Treatment is progressing nicely.

        >2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-
        >spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes
        >and wash clean.
        >The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
        Now if I can convince my friends that we see mold and mildew on each
        other...

        >3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft,
        >clean cloth
        >
        >dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and
        >kills
        >germs.
        Doesn't it see strange to use vodka to *clear* your vison?

        >4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and
        >letting your
        >safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka
        >disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
        If you put an olive in with the razor blade, you won't have to throw the
        syuff down the sink when you're through.

        >5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot
        >dry.
        Kind of an ugly turn on, "the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away"

        >6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent
        >to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
        Maybe, but if you treat those pores *internally*, you can get them suckers
        so tight you couldn't drive a needle in with a 10-pound hammer.

        >7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol
        >cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the
        >growth of healthy hair.
        Not recommended. From experience, women are put off by foaming at the
        mouth, even if it's anti-dandruff.

        >8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps
        >to kill them.
        It's ok, if you don't mind cleaning up all those tiny party hats and
        condoms.

        >9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer
        >bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or
        >black
        >eyes.
        Ok, for aches and pains, but God knows *how* many you'd have to eat to fix a
        black eye.

        >10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender
        >flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in
        >the sun for three
        >days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture
        >to aches and pains.
        If you simply strain it through a kidney, you won't have to worry about an
        applicator, especially if you have friends who *also* have aches and pains.

        >11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest
        >and back as a liniment.
        Just drink it and let the fever relieve itself.

        >12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
        I love it. I want martini-flavored feet.

        >13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
        No way. If the jellyfish gets an infected sting, he's on his own.

        >14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the
        >urushiol oil from your skin.
        Imagine trying to convince the cop who catches you pouring vodka down your
        pants that trying to pronounce "urushiol" is not a sign of advanced
        intoxication.

        >15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to
        >absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
        If you don't have an aching tooth, ask a friend to hit you in the mouth.

        >And silly me . I've only been drinking the stuff!!!
        >
        >And, they also clean ballet costumes with it...learned that at one
        >of my ballet lectures.
        Imagine "Swan Lake" with squirt bottles.

      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
          Very good Pop. :)
          How can you be so funny on this early on a sunday.
          I just realised it's not early 've just been up all night helping with 4
          ourly feeds.

          Dean.

        • James Adams
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Hubble" <zymurgybob@h...>
            wrote:

            > Pop,
            >
            > I love it, but I've got a few comments.

            > >Pop

            <snip>

            Reminds me of a couple recipes for curing the crabs I've heard.

            James Adams
          • Dean Thomas
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
              What disease did the crabs have roflmao :)

              Dean.

              ><snip>
              >
              >Reminds me of a couple recipes for curing the crabs I've heard.
              >
              >James Adams

            • DetCord
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                James Adams wrote:
                > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Hubble" <zymurgybob@h...>
                > wrote:
                >
                >>Pop,
                >>
                >>I love it, but I've got a few comments.
                >

                >>>Pop
                >

                > <snip>
                >
                > Reminds me of a couple recipes for curing the crabs I've heard.
                >
                > James Adams

                never heard of cured crab...I'm used to frying the bodies and boiling
                the claws.

                dang I love seafood!

                uhm, nevermind....you didn't mean food. ;)
              • Bill Healey
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
                  Heres mine for killing crabs:
                  Shave one side, set the other side on fire using vodka,
                  When they run for the clearing hit them with an axe!

                  Cheers B
                  l...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Healey" <billhealey@s...>
                    wrote:

                    > Heres mine for killing crabs:
                    > Shave one side, set the other side on fire using vodka,
                    > When they run for the clearing hit them with an axe!
                    >
                    > Cheers B

                    The other one was to put a handful of sand in a glass of Vodka, shake
                    it up, and pour it on the affected area. The crabs get drunk and stone
                    each other to death.

                    James Adams
                  • donald holcombe

                      Reminds me of a couple recipes for curing the crabs I've heard.

                      James Adams

                      Yahoo! Personals