Re: Effects - Commercial vs. Home

  • BigRon BigRon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2005
      Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:18:51 -0800 (PST)
      From: Roderick Holmes

      Subject: Re: Effects - Commercial vs. Home

      I don't believe the buzz is any more or less but the morning after is a world of difference.

      Since most of us make our cuts precise, we eliminate a lot of the by products that cause hangovers. An example when making scotch they purposely catch more tails in the distillation for flavor.

      For me, I start with 95%+ pure ethanol and cut and flavor with stuff that does not attribute to hangovers.

      The worst I have even after a heavy duty drinking session is a dry mouth in the morning. Tall glass of water before bed and one when I wake up cures all.

      OK, now back to the buzz. My vodka goes down like water, so, I do drink a lot more of it when I drink. So in theory I do get a better buzz when I drink my own stuff but it is not directly because of the chemical content. OK, maybe it is.....

      Roderick

      Harry wrote:
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dean Thomas wrote:

      > I can generally handle my home made liqour better that purchased
      stuff,
      > I believe that it is due to the lack of impurities thus allowing the
      > body to metabolise it easier and therefore quicker.
      >
      > I wouldnt say that for a given blood alcohol reading that you feel
      less
      > or more drunk but then again I haven't sat down and compared let
      alone
      > measured my blood alcohol levels.
      >
      > Dean.

      Heh, why analyse the hell out of it? I'm just grateful I don't have
      to drive the porcelain bus every morning. ;-))

      Well let me throw in a Very recent incident
      The girlfriend's son (over the legal drinking age) took a bottle of my good stuff (filtered 3 times and smooth as heck)(with out any permision)

      They had a good night at college
      got a call this morning 3 were arrested for disorderly conduct
      one of the kids were found 5 miles away from college no shoes( it is very winter here) and couldnt tell where he was and no idea how he got there. after 10 hours in lockup the kids are still not able to be released because their levels are to high.

      now this is from a normal bottle 1/5 th
      i cut 100% of my stuff to 80 proof i dont use overproof stuff
      im thinking of cutting my stuff a bit more

      i dont know what else they added to the party ie comercial but it has made me think about who recieves any of my product in the future

      just thought id throw that in