Xmas Party

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi All,
      I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we might
      have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything upto 24
      hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
      cans+string).
      I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the lines of
      "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't good"

      Cheers,
      Rob.

      Cheers,
      Rob.

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Peggy
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
        Hello Rob,

        Chips to serve at the party:

        One-liners for posterity
        Short Poems and limericks
        Toasts to the past, present, and future
        Reposting of oldies but goodies
        Exchanging gifts: My favorite holiday drink recipe or adjunctive garnish
        ideas
        Secrets of Success
        And so on.

        Happy Holidays... where the party never ends...

        Peggy

        I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we might
        have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything upto 24
        hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
        cans+string).
        I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the lines of
        "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't good"

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • morganfield1
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
          Hi Rob, what time zone/meridian do you live in (so we can all toast
          at the same time)? Or, like you say, will it be a 24 hr party?
          Tip one (then), Morgan

          P.S. The cans+string thing was cute. I probably wouldn't have to make
          my own hooch if I didn't spend all my money on broadband...naw.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we might
          > have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything upto
          24
          > hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
          > cans+string).
          > I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the
          lines of
          > "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't good"
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Rob.
          >

          > Cheers,
          > Rob.

          > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          > dsl.yahoo.com

        • Robert Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
            Oh, I figure if we're going to do it, we might as well get the party
            hats on, and go for a 24 hour binge. The advantage of doing it as a
            group effort means none of us has to get blotto. We can do it as a kind
            of relay.
            I guess Harry and the NZ contingent should start us off, with the
            Californians finishing (anyone between these two time zones?).
            Cheers,
            Rob.

            --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rob, what time zone/meridian do you live in (so we can all toast
            > at the same time)? Or, like you say, will it be a 24 hr party?
            > Tip one (then), Morgan
            >
            > P.S. The cans+string thing was cute. I probably wouldn't have to make
            >
            > my own hooch if I didn't spend all my money on broadband...naw.
            >
            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi All,
            > > I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we
            > might
            > > have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything upto
            > 24
            > > hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
            > > cans+string).
            > > I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the
            > lines of
            > > "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't good"
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Rob.
            > >

            > > Cheers,
            > > Rob.

            > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
            > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            > > dsl.yahoo.com

            Cheers,
            Rob.

            __________________________________
            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • miciofelice2003
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2005
              Great idea !!!

              Between New Z. and California is Italy (I know that New Z. and Italy
              are exactly on the opposite of the earth): in the North of Italy,
              close to Milan, live Micio Felice.

              Be sure that in the night of Christmas (the night between 24 and 25
              of December) at midnight , I'll cut a slice of "panettone" (is a
              typical Christmas cake in the North of Italy)with a bit
              of "mascarpone"( is a chees, but a particular cheese: you have to add
              an egg yellow, sugar, brandy, stir, and everything is done) and with
              a glass of "spumante" (the italian champagne)and I'll e-mail my best
              wishes to all the frends of this Forum.

              Let me know what exactly to do, that night.

              Ciao

              micio felice

              wrote:

              > Oh, I figure if we're going to do it, we might as well get the party
              > hats on, and go for a 24 hour binge. The advantage of doing it as a
              > group effort means none of us has to get blotto. We can do it as a
              kind
              > of relay.
              > I guess Harry and the NZ contingent should start us off, with the
              > Californians finishing (anyone between these two time zones?).
              > Cheers,
              > Rob.
              >

              > --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@y...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Rob, what time zone/meridian do you live in (so we can all
              toast
              > > at the same time)? Or, like you say, will it be a 24 hr party?
              > > Tip one (then), Morgan
              > >
              > > P.S. The cans+string thing was cute. I probably wouldn't have to
              make

              > > my own hooch if I didn't spend all my money on broadband...naw.
              > >
              > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas
              <whosbrewing@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi All,
              > > > I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we
              > > might
              > > > have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything
              upto
              > > 24
              > > > hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
              > > > cans+string).
              > > > I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the
              > > lines of
              > > > "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't
              good"

              > > > Cheers,
              > > > Rob.
              > > >

              > > > Cheers,
              > > > Rob.

              > > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
              > > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              > > > dsl.yahoo.com
              > > >

              > Cheers,
              > Rob.
              >

              > __________________________________
              > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

            • Lindsay Williams
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
                Ha Ha, NZedders will be first (as usual (except at cricket-groan)).
                Doubt that ya can beat GMT +12.

                Cheers,
                Lindsay.

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...> wrote:

                > Oh, I figure if we're going to do it, we might as well get the party
                > hats on, and go for a 24 hour binge. The advantage of doing it as a
                > group effort means none of us has to get blotto. We can do it as a kind
                > of relay.
                > I guess Harry and the NZ contingent should start us off, with the
                > Californians finishing (anyone between these two time zones?).
                > Cheers,
                > Rob.
                >

                > --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Rob, what time zone/meridian do you live in (so we can all toast
                > > at the same time)? Or, like you say, will it be a 24 hr party?
                > > Tip one (then), Morgan
                > >
                > > P.S. The cans+string thing was cute. I probably wouldn't have to make
                > >
                > > my own hooch if I didn't spend all my money on broadband...naw.
                > >
                > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi All,
                > > > I've been sorting out the various Christmas do's. I thought we
                > > might
                > > > have a Christmas Party. And what a party it will be! Anything upto
                > > 24
                > > > hours long (if we include the guys getting internet access via
                > > > cans+string).
                > > > I suggest a toast, Xmas Eve say 7 O'clock. Something along the
                > > lines of
                > > > "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble.... but damn me if it ain't good"
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > > Rob.
                > > >

                > > > Cheers,
                > > > Rob.

                > > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
                > > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
                > > > dsl.yahoo.com
                > > >

                > Cheers,
                > Rob.

                > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

              • Dean Thomas
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
                  Don't worry we (Australia) Know you guys don't get enough daylight to
                  practice for the cricket. At least your in front in time zones.

                  :) :) Dean.