Re: Now I still have a problem !!! ( No: finally is finished!)

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"
      <miciofelice2003@y...> wrote:

      > Hi to everybody.
      >
      > Dear Harry and Rob,
      > really I'm very impressed of your courtesy and competence.
      >
      > Something of regal, be sure!

      .............Thank you for the kind words, Micio.

      > Now I solved my problem, tomorrow I'm going to treat my distillate
      (
      > I cheked the pH of the distillate and is 4).
      >
      > If you like I'll report you the results.

      .........Yes please. There are many here who would like to make
      traditional grappa.

      > I was told by a friend of me that what happened to me isn't very
      > usual: only one time in a distillery of the North of Italy that
      > distilled some dregs: they changed the feed in and everything
      > finished.
      >
      > Harry, thaks a lot for your drawing, is exactly what I have.

      .........Pictures are better than words, yes? ;-)

      > Only a thing: I have (at least, I think to have) also some
      > condensing on the lower plates.
      > In my opinion I have a temperature gradient along the column: so
      the
      > upper-boiling components that leave the boiler have a condensation
      > when they bump on a relatively cold plate. Such in this way I get
      > partial purification of the vapours that climb along the column,
      > isn't it?

      ................You are correct. But the reason is the surrounding
      air removes some of the heat from the column.

      > Now I'm in doubt if I have to insulate my column or not: when it
      > is "naked" the temperature difference between head and bottom
      column
      > is an average of about 9 °C for the 90% of the distillation time.
      > When insulated this temperature difference is around 4 - 5 °C.
      >
      > What should be better and why?

      ........As I said before, you have a good potstill for grappa. DO
      NOT INSULATE the column, unless you want the grappa to be heavier in
      tails. It is a good balance between heating and air cooling, and it
      allows a little more reflux to make the grappa cleaner. It works
      similar to the old Scotch potstills or the French brandy stills,
      except you have a little more control with the water tube in the top.

      If you insulate the column, the grappa distillate will be heavier
      with impurities and taste much different. Try both ways and you
      will see the difference. If you don't like it, you can always re-
      distill it.

      > I close my post congratulating on the Forum: is really something!!!
      >
      > ciao
      >
      > micio felice

      Moderator
    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
        --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"
        > <miciofelice2003@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi to everybody.
        > >
        > > Dear Harry and Rob,
        > > really I'm very impressed of your courtesy and competence.
        > >
        > > Something of regal, be sure!
        >

        > .............Thank you for the kind words, Micio.

        ............... ditto!

        > > If you like I'll report you the results.
        >

        > .........Yes please. There are many here who would like to make
        > traditional grappa.

        ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • miciofelice2003
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
          wrote:

          > ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!
          >

          > Cheers,
          > Rob.
          >
          > You can count on it, be sure !!! It's the minimum I've to do !!!

          It was already on my mind to do this: so, please, send me your mail
          address and I'll make a nice pack of my grappa to send to you and Harry.
          Be sure I'll want your opinion on it, too !!!

          ciao

          micio felice
          > __________________________________

        • Robert Thomas
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2005
            Well, that's very generous Micio, but I was only joking (hence the use
            of "email" not mail!!)
            Cin cin,
            Rob.

            --- miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!
            > >

            > > Cheers,
            > > Rob.
            > >
            > > You can count on it, be sure !!! It's the minimum I've to do !!!
            >
            > It was already on my mind to do this: so, please, send me your mail
            > address and I'll make a nice pack of my grappa to send to you and
            > Harry.
            > Be sure I'll want your opinion on it, too !!!
            >
            > ciao
            >
            > micio felice
            > > __________________________________

            Cheers,
            Rob.

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com
          • donald holcombe
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
              Dont be SILLY ! Everyone knows you need a FAX machine to do that.

              miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote: --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
              wrote:

              > ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!
              >

              > Cheers,
              > Rob.
              >
              > You can count on it, be sure !!! It's the minimum I've to do !!!

              It was already on my mind to do this: so, please, send me your mail
              address and I'll make a nice pack of my grappa to send to you and Harry.
              Be sure I'll want your opinion on it, too !!!

              ciao

              micio felice
              > __________________________________

              Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team

              ---------------------------------

            • miciofelice2003
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
                I'm not a silly person.

                I only wanted to be grateful and polite.
                And you?

                ciao

                micio felice

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
                <blackledge_02@y...> wrote:

                > Dont be SILLY ! Everyone knows you need a FAX machine to do that.
                >
                > miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@y...> wrote: --- In
                Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!
                > >

                > > Cheers,
                > > Rob.
                > >
                > > You can count on it, be sure !!! It's the minimum I've to
                do !!!

                > It was already on my mind to do this: so, please, send me your mail
                > address and I'll make a nice pack of my grappa to send to you and
                Harry.
                > Be sure I'll want your opinion on it, too !!!
                >
                > ciao
                >
                > micio felice
                > > __________________________________

                > Management team building Corporate culture Corporate
                culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture
                training Management team

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

              • donald holcombe
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
                  Indeed ! Just kidding . Ive never tasted Grappa. I may have to find or make some.
                  Enjoy DONALD
                  miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@...> wrote: I'm not a silly person.

                  <blackledge_02@y...> wrote:

                  > Dont be SILLY ! Everyone knows you need a FAX machine to do that.
                  >
                  > miciofelice2003 <miciofelice2003@y...> wrote: --- In
                  Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > ...... Now, if you could just email us a sample of the grappa!!
                  > >

                  > > Cheers,
                  > > Rob.
                  > >
                  > > You can count on it, be sure !!! It's the minimum I've to
                  do !!!

                  > It was already on my mind to do this: so, please, send me your mail
                  > address and I'll make a nice pack of my grappa to send to you and
                  Harry.
                  > Be sure I'll want your opinion on it, too !!!
                  >
                  > ciao
                  >
                  > micio felice
                  > > __________________________________

                  > Management team building Corporate culture Corporate
                  culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture
                  training Management team

                  Service.

                  Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team

                  Yahoo! Personals

                • miciofelice2003
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 4, 2005
                    I'll be happy in helping you, if necessary.