Re: [Distillers] Re Whiskey and Sherry thanks!

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2005
      One other thing I am trying right now since you mentioned you are missing the sweetness is a little carmelized sugar. I have some sitting on toasted and untoasted oak shavings. About 1 tablespoon of toasted and 1 tablespoon of untoasted oak and about 1 teaspoon of carmelized sugar with a liter of 50% ABV.

      In bourbon, the carmelized sugar comes out of the charred wood. In used barrels I think a lot of this flavor is already gone.

      My stuff has been sitting for about two months now and it is starting to taste like a smokey weak bourbon. I think more sitting time and it will get better.

      Roderick

      rimfire_rifle <rimfire_rifle@...> wrote:
      Thanks to all you guys who responded on and off forum. It is much
      appreciated, I have now received lots of helpful information and tips.
      Whether the whiskey will taste better is another matter! I will let
      you know in the New Year. Thanks again, really nice of you all,
      Rimfire (+ Pup chewing my slipper...arrrrggggg)

      Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team