Antifreeze Antidote

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2005
      I got a new job driving an 18 wheel truck a few months ago .After driving the truck a few weeks I got sick and kept getting sicker. Didnt know what was up until I thought I was having a stroke. Went to the doctor he said my Sugar was high and gave me some pills. Went back to work , the truck was leaking antifreze and it was coming in the air vents.Back to doc. After some test he said the Glycol was making me sick.He told me to go get some Vodka and get drunk for 3 days .Turns out thevodka is an antidote for Glycol poisioning.Trucks fixed Im better BUT Im taking regular doses of vodka as a preventive. One cant be too careful these days.You guys drink up! I hear this Glycol stuff is everywhere!

    • charcey henderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
        I've heard of this also, a relative that works in a lab told a story of a small child who got into some antifreeze, the father was at a cottage about 2 hrs from a hospital so he kept feeding the child small amounts of rum until they got to the hospital. The ethanol slows the metabilization of the bad stuff and it kept the kid alive. He said it also works if you get into "bad shine", all ya gotta do is drink some good stuff
        Guess it really is the nectar of the gods!!

        donald holcombe <blackledge_02@...> wrote:
        I got a new job driving an 18 wheel truck a few months ago .After driving the truck a few weeks I got sick and kept getting sicker. Didnt know what was up until I thought I was having a stroke. Went to the doctor he said my Sugar was high and gave me some pills. Went back to work , the truck was leaking antifreze and it was coming in the air vents.Back to doc. After some test he said the Glycol was making me sick.He told me to go get some Vodka and get drunk for 3 days .Turns out thevodka is an antidote for Glycol poisioning.Trucks fixed Im better BUT Im taking regular doses of vodka as a preventive. One cant be too careful these days.You guys drink up! I hear this Glycol stuff is everywhere!

        Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team