Re: [Distillers] Using plums

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2005
      Pour boiling water on them at a rate of 1 gallon per
      5lb (min).
      Mush them up, taking care not to break the stones. Add
      sugar to ca. 1090-1100 (depends on your yeast
      capabilities). Once cool, add yeast + nutrient + check
      pH (adjust if necessary).
      Ferment to 1000 or less.
      Strain and distil. Do watch out for largish amounts of
      meths.
      Much of this is far better described in Berglund's
      "Artisan Distilling" on the tastylime site.
      Cheers,
      Rob.

      --- Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

      > I will soon be bblessed??? with a bushel or so of
      > blood plums. These are small, dark red (almost
      > purple) sweet plums about the size of a cherry.
      >
      > Anybody have any recipes on how to best use them
      > to produce something alcoholic?
      >
      > Regards,

      > removed]

      Cheers,