Re: Air cooled hybrid design

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "emailbenja" <emailbenja@y...>
      wrote:

      > Have just finished the proper pics for my new air cooled column.
      Any
      > chance someone can help out with the calcs to see if it will work?
      > Look in my folder for the pic- hope it has enough info there.
      > cheers
      > benja

      Hi Benja,

      I have some data for you based on spiral still and convector pipe. 5
      meters of 10mm copper pipe will cool off ~250W with ambient cooling.
      You can use that to get the ambient cooling value for your system.
      Now the experience with convector pipes shows that with proper fans
      you can get roughly 3 times the cooling value of ambient cooling.

      So, you do the math and let us know what you end up with :)

      - Riku