Re: Thermometers

  • rodmacd2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 22, 2005
      Buy one. Not only very accurate but also very quick reading compared
      with other types. As usual measure at water boiling temp and triple
      point freezing temp then use to calibrate other (eg. electronic)
      thermometers.

      No need to be paranoid about it but if (super clutz) you break the
      thermometer and dump its mercury into a wash then yes you'd best dump it.

      We are so needlessly paranoid about some substances (eg. mercury and
      asbestos) that we think even being within a couple of meters will
      cause fatal injury!

      Use a little common sense for yourself and save the paranoia for your
      children!

      My opinion FWIW

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "californiashiner"